giovedì 10 agosto 2023

254 - Tamiya BBX: Midweek Mumble Mumble

During the week, when I can't go on with its build, I dedicate some of my spare time in the study of the BBX manual to be ready when on the bench and to find my way to read the build steps.

One of the step I like a less is the driver figure paint and to do it in a clean way I've already a driver's head with closed helmet and I intend to not use the upper half of steering wheel giving to the cockpit a futuristic appearence like the one of the Avante. I don't like the idea of that small plastic part that could fall away in every moment.

Driver will be painted in white, the rest of the cockpit in black and I will find some finishing for the helmet.

The other point I've considered this week is the ESC mounting: it's quite close to the motor and it will be fine because instead of a direct soldering for the cables as planned I will use some L shaped fastons as Kyosho did in the good old days.

The part that will need some extra works concern the battery cables that it's pretty clear need an extension: I would not replace the Tamiya plugs with bullet ones but I guess that a full Tamiya set up could be a bit bulky... but easy and quick to do.

Of course several meetings with my technical staff are ongoing to understand which will be the best body paintwork.



Nessun commento: