mercoledì 29 marzo 2023

230 - Motors, Motors and Motors Again!

Today I was in the mood to order the motor for my Wild One but still in doubt about the which one could be the right one between the Dirt Tuned (that I already own) and a GT Tuned.

So I've made another "quick" search on the Net and, considering that theese two Tamiya motors seem to be not much used (and valued) to find some opinions, I've compared the torque and rpm values of the two with the Sport Tuned one that preserved the gears diff in the past years compared to the Super Stock BZ that destroyed them:

Sport Tuned 18.300 rpm, 34,32 mN-m (converded from 350 g-cm);

GT Tuned 19.000 rpm, 49,03 mN-m (converded from 500 g-cm);

Dirt Tuned 17.000 rpm, 37,24 mN-m (Tamiya's official).

The GT Tuned has a number of rpm close to the Sport Tuned but, unfortunately, its torque it is the same of the Super Stock BZ one as claimed by Tamiya (49 mN-m).

The Dirt Tuned has the lower rpm value but its torque is only a bit over the Sport Tuned one so I will opt for it.

So I've only this option: testing the Dirt Tuned in the Wild One and verify if the car will be decently fast and if the use of this motor will avoid diff breakages. If yes in a second moment I will consider to open the motor and swap the bushings with bearings, if not... I refuse to think about it.

Nessun commento: