domenica 12 febbraio 2023

220 - The Long Way To The BBX

I guess that surfing the web during the past days it's pretty clear that the release of the BBX buggy by Tamiya will rapresent a kind of milestone in the hobby. Most of the Tamiyaheads around the globe are warming up their credit cards and I'm one of them.

I'm an accountant and a 4x4 driver two categories that in general like to be prepared so these months between the launch and the release will be dedicated to collect the parts to complete the build of my BBX according to my tastes.

I've decided to go for a classic electronics: brushed motor, brushed ESC and NiMh battery. And I've choesen to go brushed for two reasons: firtst to avoid chinese crap (because to me "made in china" means "crap" no matter if it's high end or budget... it's crap) and second because, to me, this car it's the quintessence of "neo vintage" concept, so it deserves a great classic power plant.


The ESC I've chosen is the KO Propo VFS-FR2 because I love KO and because it's made in Japan. It will be perfect for the BBX, to me.


Concerning motor I'm pretty sure I will go with my Reedy Ultra pink dot, it's a 15x2, a motor that I own from the early 90s, bought new for my Yokomo and very little used. It has a plenty of power and it needs only a good clean and, maybe, a new decal because of the way I store it in the past years.


In alternative I will consider my Peak 15x2 motor, bought on the bay last year, well refurbished and in great shape.

For sure I will swap the wheel hexes for metal oners and probably it will be the only modify I will consider... if the car will come with CVD axles in origin.

Still mumbling about the steering servo.

Nessun commento: