lunedì 30 gennaio 2023

217 - #53070 Manta Ray Ball Diff Set

During my Delta Ray Buggy's shakedown I've noticed that the car is prone to move like a snake on the straight and after a quick recall of my poor knowledges I've realized that it due to the differential setup.

the Delta Ray is born with both geared differential with the intention to build a low maintenance car with a low maintenance drivetrain: the front diff is totally free and the rear is shimmed to limit wheels spin imiting the action of a ball diff.

Drive this car is very simple and the way it run in to the turns is neutral and easy to manage but, to be honest, it feels a little tied up.

I guess it's normal, this kind of Tamiya gear diff is not born to be fine tunable.

Remembering how was exciting to drive my Lancia Delta HF Integrale with  its double differential setup I've decided to buy a #53070 Manta Ray Ball Diff Set to replicate that amazing feeling.

Nessun commento: