sabato 12 novembre 2022

207 - Acto Power Off Roader 2WD Motor #53122 (part 1)

In december 2021, from a local site, I've purchased in bulk this Tamiya Acto Power #53122 motor and a Reedy Ultra Mr. L motor. A kind of impulse buy but I've desidered the Acto Off Roader 2WD for ages. Both motors were used and abused, dirty and with the scars of a thousand of battles.


I've started to clean the Tamiya motor months ago and for the whole summer it have been forget between two windows in my parents home under the hard hits of summer sun and this worsen its conditions: the can color has faded, mea culpa.

This week I found the spares needed to refurb this motor: a new endbell habe been already delivered, a new armature is on its way and a repro decal have been ordered.



So, today, my Blitzer project have been set aside to deep clean the motor can emptying an entire can of brake cleaner, original shims have been saved and I've started to look for the info to remove the old paint and to refresh the motor also with a brilliant hand of pink one.









Nessun commento: