domenica 5 novembre 2023

290 - Tamiya BBX: Ok, Bullet Connectors Are the Way

Yesterday's session at the workbench was dedicated to some minor work on my BBX. One concerned the connection between the motor and the ESC which, initially, was planned as a direct soldering of the cables onto the motor tabs but considering that it is not an easy configuration to manage I decided to opt for the connectors, as my usual.

At the beginning I was quite convinced to switch from the 3.5mm bullet connectors that I have been using for years to the Tamiya connectors but, yesterday, I realized that theese ones are a bit difficult to manage because they are a bit bulkier than the bullets and that crimping them on the cables is not my cup of tea. So I will continue to use the thin 3.5mm bullet connectors.

Unfortunately, being in a hurry, the result is not good at all, I will do it again because one of the things I loved about my BBX build was the smooth rotation of the motor cables and using connectors in between has altered the result by forcing the cables into an angled position. I have to find a way to get back to a wide rotation and fluid because this will keep the construction clean and tidy as I like. 

Nessun commento: