martedì 21 dicembre 2010

001


I fell in love with rc cars in the ‘80s watching a Tamiya catalogue at the local hobby shop. The car I’ve dreamed for years was the Porsche Rothmans 959 but I never owned it: it was expensive, I was young and for my parents was only a toy.
When I was 16, in 1990, finally I managed to buy my first car. It was a Tamiya Madcap (#58082) that I could buy saving the money day by day, for months, I was proud and happy of myself.
I built it in 3 winter afternoons and had a lot of fun with it.
After the Madcap I owned a Yokomo Superdog Fighter Works ’91 (great car but big mistake: it was expensive and I never raced it. I sometimes think about that I could buy 2 or 3 Tamiyas with the same money) and the superb Tamiya Lancia Delta Hf Integrale (#58117). For 15 years I couldn’t buy any other rc car.
In 2008 my japanese friend Tomo (an expert in italian cuisine) gave me a great gift: a Tamiya Grasshopper re-re XB. The thing I was waiting to be back in to the hobby.
I ever loved the Grasshopper but I never owned one.
For me it was like I found a friend lost for long time: Tamiya!
After 15 years, finally, I was back in to the rc car hobby and I got a lot to learn.
This first pic is dedicated to my Grasshopper and shows its actual conditions due to the power surplus of a Sport Tuned motor. My next target will be to restore it and to give it a better handling.
But first I got to finish 2 or 3 project.